Lyndon Masters has extensive local and international experience in advising clients on a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters. His particular areas of experience include public and private mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure investment, complex joint ventures, corporate structuring and restructuring, fundraising, commercial transactions and corporate advisory.
Lyndon has experience across a number of industry sectors, but has particular experience and focus in the infrastructure, technology, insurance and energy and resource sectors, advising clients on all matters affecting their businesses from start-up matters, regulatory issues, fundraising, equity investment, merger and restructuring activity to exits and public listings.
Lyndon is the Co-Founder and Co-Head of the DLA Piper Australia's "Disruption and Innovation Group".
- Advising Global Payments, Inc. on its acquisition of eWAY Payments Pty Ltd
- Advising On Deck Capital, Inc. (an online small business lender listed on the NYSE) on its entry into the Australian market by way of a joint venture with ASX Listed MYOB Ltd
- Advising Suncorp Group Limited on its Series C fundraising investment in Silicon Valley based Trov, Inc.
- Advising the founders of Fantasy Sports Global (an on-line global fantasy sports provider) on all aspects of its business, including structuring, M&A, fundraising and strategic matters
- Advising Bristow Group, Inc. and Bristow Helicopters Australia on their acquisition of a majority stake in Airnorth, Australia's largest regional airline, based in Northern Australia
- Advising HRL Morrison & Co in respect of the equity components of its bid for the Tauranga Social Housing Project in New Zealand
- Advising HRL Morrison & Co in respect of the Melbourne Convention Centre Expansion Project (with Plenary)
- Advising the Public Infrastructure Fund LP on its acquisition of public private partnership nurses accommodation project in Victoria with Bendigo Health Care Group
- Advising the Keolis Downer joint venture (the current operator of the Gold Coast Rapid Transit System) on Stage 2 of the Gold Coast Rapid Transit System PPP project
- Advising Hilton Hotels, Inc. on its corporate restructure of the Hilton Hotel Sydney assets
- Best Lawyers ranked for Mergers and Acquisitions Law and Corporate / Governance Practice, 2021
- Lyndon is listed as a Notable Practitioner by IFLR1000 2021 in Project Development and M&A
- Lyndon is recognised in IFLR1000 as "an excellent lawyer and a valued legal advisor. He is prompt, accessible, professional and highly commercial".
Lyndon has written articles for third party publications in respect of trends in mergers and acquisitions, as well as corporate governance matters and executive remuneration reform.Lyndon also contributes to client updates and bulletins.
Lyndon has presented and lectured to members of the GCC Board of Directors Institute in respect of corporate governance and related matters. Lyndon has also presented to members of the Australia Singapore Chamber of Commerce and Industry in respect of establishing and operating businesses in Australia.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Queensland Law Society