Rachael O’Beirne MastersonAttorney
Rachael Masterson is an attorney in DLA Piper's Real Estate practice, based in Boston. Rachael specializes in the area of commercial leasing, with extensive experience representing both landlords and tenants in office, industrial, warehouse, and retail lease negotiations and ongoing lease administration. Rachael is also experienced in all aspects of lease-related due diligence for clients in real estate acquisitions and corporate transactions. Rachael has experience with real estate financing, conveyancing and leasing representing borrowers, sellers, landlords and tenants in a variety of commercial real estate transactions.
Recent transactions include negotiating industrial, distribution and warehouse leases on behalf of several landlords in Indiana, Tennessee and Massachusetts, negotiating commercial office leases in downtown Boston and its surrounding suburbs for multiple landlords, representing a real estate investment trust in the acquisition of numerous industrial buildings throughout the country, representing a Boston-based landlord in the creation of a new restaurant for a tenant in its mixed use high-rise complex, negotiating several retail leases for space in an airport in New York, and dispositions of office and industrial properties.
- Landlord's counsel for pension-held REIT in connection with office and retail leasing in California, Boston, and New York
- Landlord's counsel for a portfolio of suburban office and laboratory properties totaling over three million square feet
- Tenant's counsel for a national consulting firm in its office lease negotiations in Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Texas, and Washington (leases ranging in size from 18,000 sf to 70,000 sf)
- Tenant's counsel for a global insurance company for its office leases ranging in size from 10,000 sf to 45,000 sf in Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, and Missouri
- Representing an airport retailer in the development of its concessions program and leasing work at major international airports
- Negotiated office, industrial and retail leases on behalf of landlords in New York, California, Illinois and Massachusetts
- Landlord's counsel for restaurant and retail leases in mixed use buildings located in Boston's downtown waterfront
- Landlord leasing work at International Place, which is a premier mixed-use office/retail tower in downtown Boston with approximately 1.8M sf of space
- Landlord leasing work at Democracy Center, a class-A property in the greater Washington, DC area (suburban Maryland) with approximately 700,000 sf of space
- Negotiated industrial leases on behalf of landlords in Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee and Massachusetts
- Represented a real estate investment company in the acquisition and disposition of industrial buildings throughout the country
- J.D., Boston College Law School
- B.A., Harvard College