Ryana Mather is a business lawyer with over 17 years of experience assisting clients with a variety of corporate/commercial matters.
Ryana regularily advises on commercial transactions, corporate finance, and corporate structuring such as joint ventures, partnerships and corporate reorganizations, in addition to general corporate matters and governance issues. Ryana also has extensive experience with a wide range of matters related to commercial real estate and has assisted with acquisitions and sales, financing, and office, retail and industrial leasing. Her clients come from diverse sectors and include professionals, small business owners and start-ups, public corporations, retailers, and not-for-profit entities.
As part of her practice, Ryana works with lenders and borrowers on financing transactions for a variety of matters including acquisition of assets (personal and real property) , corporate restructuring, and insolvency and restructuring transactions.
- Acts for private corporations and advises on business law matters including asset and share mergers, acquisitions and sale transactions as well as equity and debt financing, including secured loans and acquisition financings.
- Acts for lenders and borrowers in relation to secured loans and acquisition financings.
- Advises receivers and bankruptcy trustees in relation to insolvency and restructuring transactions.
- Acted as counsel to Onex Corporation in the acquisition of WestJet on various real estate and financing matters.
- Acts for major retailers and a major oil and gas producer and provides advice for real estate acquisitions, sales and commercial lease matters.
- Advises health professionals on all matters relating to corporate governance, business structure, succession planning and operations, and financing.
- Acted as lead counsel in the share sale of Mobiltex Data Ltd., corrosion monitoring specialist for pipelines and infrastructure, to XPV Water Partners, growth equity investor.
- Acted as lead counsel in the US$66 million sale of GF Inc., distributor of industrial packaging, warehouse supplies and equipment, to Bunzl PLC.
- Handles a variety of commercial transactions and mergers for vendors and purchasers.
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2002
- B.A. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 1999
- Chair of Student Committee (Calgary), DLA Piper Canada LLP
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, The Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Calgary Bar Association