Joana Matos LimaOf Counsel
Joana Matos Lima works mainly in financial and banking matters. Joana has developed her activity in matters related to banking land securities law, particularly in the regulatory area. Within this scope, has participated in highly complex operations, namely in the organisation and monitoring of takeover bids in regulated markets and in the organisation and structuring of issues of financial instruments, namely shares, bonds, commercial paper and structured products, by public and private subscription.
- Advised an Angolan economic group in the privatising process of a Portuguese bank.
- Advised an air carrier on the various forms of financing, including on the organization of a issue of securities convertible into shares.
- Organization and monitoring of takeover bids in regulated markets.
- Advising credit institutions on banking and financial products, including loan agreements, current accounts, documentary credit, bank guarantees, mortgages, bills of exchange, factoring, leasing, term deposits, portfolio management, etc.
- Assistance to real estate and securities fund management entities.
- Response to public or direct consultations in connection with legislative initiatives in the field of financial law.
- Post-Graduation Course in Banking, Stock Exchange and Insurance, University of Coimbra Law School, 2009
- Law Degree, Catholic University of Lisbon Law School, 2005
Joana is the author of the "Annotated Portuguese Securities Code", published by Quid Juris, has participated in the second edition of the "Manual of Banking and Financial Law Contracts - Legal Regime, Minutes, Taxation and Jurisprudence", published by Quid Juris, and is the author of the book "Models of Minutes of Commercial Companies”, published by Petrony.
- Speaker at the Conference on the new AML legal regime, 2018.
- Speaker at the Conference on Alternatives to Bank Finance: EU funds, venture capital, capital markets and crowdfunding, 2018.
- Speaker at the Conference "Shareholders and Administration in Public Limited Companies", on the theme "Information Duties of Public Companies", 2018.
- Writing regularly for the media.
- 2019 - present, Senior Of-counsel DLA Piper ABBC, Portugal
- 2019 - present, Senior Of-counsel ADCA, Luanda
- 2015 - 2019, Lawyer, Lisbon based law firm
- 2013- 2014, Of-counsel of Angolan law firm
- 2012 – 2013, Legal advisor in a Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) management entity
- 2008 - 2012, Legal advisor in the legal department of a Credit Institution
- 2006 - 2008, Trainee Lawyer, Lisbon based law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association