Jarrod F. MattesonPartner
Jarrod Matteson has experience with real estate financing, conveyancing and leasing representing lenders, borrowers, sellers, landlords and tenants in a variety of commercial real estate transactions.
Recent transactions include:
- Representing a real estate fund in the acquisition and financing of a $300 million portfolio comprised of 33 industrial buildings
- Negotiating commercial office leases in downtown Boston and its surrounding suburbs for multiple landlords and for various corporate tenant clients
- Representing a Boston-based landlord in the creation of a new restaurant for a tenant in its mixed use high-rise complex
- Assisting with the conversion of a real estate fund to a real estate investment trust, multiple dispositions of office, industrial and mixed-use properties throughout the country
- Counseling a loan fund in the funding of a mezzanine loan, the securitization of credit tenant lease financings
- Assisting a corporate owner in the sale of its downtown Boston headquarters building involving the conversion of more than 800,000 square feet office building to a commercial condominium, and the sale and short-term leaseback of a major condominium interest in the building
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law 2004
- M.A., Mathematics, University of Maryland
- B.A., Mathematics, Boston University
Jarrod was named a 2009 Massachusetts "Rising Star" in commercial real estate.
During law school, Jarrod worked with the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute, focusing on the effectiveness of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit as a means to create housing for low-income families in Massachusetts.
Jarrod also worked at the Suffolk County Superior Court for the Honorable Carol S. Ball and at the Criminal Bureau of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office.