Ben McCourtieSpecial Counsel
Ben McCourtie is a versatile litigator with extensive experience in class actions, product liability, insurance claims and commercial litigation.
Ben regularly acts for global life sciences companies (pharmaceuticals and medical devices), listed corporations and insurers in disputes throughout Australia.
- Acting for a global life sciences company in a Federal Court class action
- Acting for global life sciences companies in product liability and commercial litigation matters in jurisdictions throughout Australia
- Acting for insured entities in many public liability, occupiers liability and industrial accident claims in jurisdictions throughout Australia
- Acting for a UK company in Federal Court proceedings arising from the purchase/acquisition of a water products company
- Acting for a New Zealand publicly listed company in Victorian Supreme Court proceedings arising from the supply of defective equipment
- University of Canberra, Bachelor of Arts
- University of Canberra, Bachelor of Laws
- Australian National University, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice