Dara McDonald advises on transactional mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, shareholder arrangements and general corporate advisory matters.
Dara has broad experience assisting clients with private share and business acquisitions / disposals and advising on venture capital investments and early stage fundraising.
- Acting for international law firm Ogier on its merger with Irish law firm Leman Solicitors LLP.
- Acting for Navitas Semiconductor on its merger with NYSE listed special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) Live Oak Acquisition Corp. II. The transaction, which valued the combined entity at an enterprise value of USD1.04 billion, resulted in Navitas becoming a publicly-traded company.
- Advising PIB Insurance Group on multiple acquisitions of Irish Insurance brokers.
- Advising Medica Group plc on its acquisition of Global Diagnostics Ireland, the market leader for teleradiology services in Ireland from Irish private healthcare group, Centric Health.
- Acting for the Sellers on the disposal of Cork Plastics and Floplast through a competitive action process.
- Acting for an Irish dairy co-operative in connection with its merger with another co-operative to form the second largest dairy processor in Ireland.
- Acting for a UK listed energy storage fund in connection with its acquisition of certain battery storage assets located in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Advising a global asset manager on the ongoing corporate governance issues in connection with managing its real estate investments in Ireland.
- Trinity College Dublin, LLB, 2014
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises on sale of Glofox to US tech group ABC Fitness Solutions
2 August 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Ogier on its merger with Irish firm Leman Solicitors LLP
12 April 2022 .3 minute read