Julia Mckie is an associate in the Litigation and Arbitration team in London. She focuses on construction, engineering and infrastructure dispute resolution.
Her experience covers a variety of different dispute fora including adjudication, arbitration, litigation and other forms of ADR. Julia also provides 'live' project and dispute avoidance advice.
Julia has advised clients on a range of issues including loss and expense, delay, defects, design liability, payment, insolvency, and termination.
Julia has acted for developers/owners, contractors, and professionals across a range of sectors including commercial and residential property, hospitality, energy and natural resources and infrastructure.
- Acting for the main contractor in a successful adjudication against its sub-contractor in a dispute over extension of time and costs.
- Acting for a developer in court proceedings (part 8) challenging an adjudication decision.
- Providing strategic advice to a civil and structural engineering client in relation to a dispute over alleged defective designs.
- Advising the liquidator of a large contractor in relation to potential disputes the company in liquidation may have had prior to its becoming insolvent.
- Advising a food manufacturer in respect of a claim for breach of contract and negligence.
- Advising private clients in respect of a structural defect at a luxury residential property.
- Providing strategic advice and finalising a settlement for a broadband provider regarding a payment dispute.
- Advising a contractor in relation to a professional negligence claim against an architect.
- Advising one of the largest property managers in the UK in relation to a defect which had arisen in one of its residential developments in the west end.
- Advising a Luxembourg property company in relation to a fire-safety issue with the cladding on a residential development.
- Advising a developer in relation to a final account dispute with the contractor appointed to design and build luxury residential accommodation in Chelsea.
- Advising a developer in relation to an adjudication brought against it by a contractor over a disputed bonus payment.
- Advising a hotel owner in relation to the termination of the main contractor’s contract at a time when the contractor was at risk of insolvency.
- Advising a French construction company on its a challenge to an ICC arbitration award and an anti suit injunction hearing against proceedings which had been commenced in Jordan.
- Advising a joint venture of Korean and Japanese construction and engineering companies in an ICC arbitration over the non-payment by a Qatari bank of an on-demand bond.
- Trinity College Dublin, Single Honours Classics (BA), First Class
- The College of Law, Bloomsbury, GDL, Distinction
- The College of Law, Moorgate, LPC, Distinction