Rob McKie is a corporate lawyer who has been advising on merger and acquisition transactions, as well as IPOs, secondary fundraises and takeovers for listed companies for over 20 years.
Rob has advised both UK and International listed and private companies on such transactions and also acts for quality corporate clients on a wide range of transactions, including shareholders' agreements, restructurings, corporate governance and compliance issues.
Rob regularly advises clients in the energy, telecoms, technology, media sports and entertainment and infrastructure sectors.Many of the transactions Rob is involved with are complex and strategically important for his clients on a local, national and international basis, which require a deep level of understanding of the sectors in which his clients operate so as to find the best solutions to their transactions.
- Advised Anglo African Oil & Gas plc on several secondary fundraises and on its subsequent disposal of its subsidiary company, Anglo African Oil & Gas Congo S.A.U.
- Provided Power Roll Ltd with legal advice on a number of strategic fund raisings and warrant issues as well as a shareholders’ agreement to enable the company to continue to develop its products.
- Advised accesso Technology Group plc on its GBP32 million cash box placing and direct subscriptions as well as structuring its statutory pre-emptive open offer with an excess entitlement.
- Acted for Softomotive Holding Ltd on the strategic and transformative USD 25 million Series A financing and investment made by Grafton Capital.
- Advised i-Nexus Global plc on its London Initial Public Offering and subsequent placings.
- Advised Learning Technologies Group plcc on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of The People Development Team Limited for an initial cash consideration of GBP 13.2 million.
- Acted for ZOO Digital Group plc on its firm placing to raise gross proceeds of £7.4 million and subsequent acquisition of Vista India for gross amount of GBP 6 million.
- Acted for Mr Dejphon Chansiri on his acquisition of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited.
- Acted for BFC Investment Company Ltd, on their acquisition of Barnsley Football Club.
- Advised Greencastle Acquisition Ltd on its acquisition of JOE Media.
- Advised Infrastructure Investments Holdings Limited (Infra Red) on the company’s GBP8.95 million acquisition in the Priority Schools Building Programme North East Batch Project from Galliford Try plc.
- Acted for Investec Investments (UK) Limited on its joint venture with The Welsh Ministers and others in respect of a project to regenerate parts of South Wales.
- Manchester University, Law LLB (2:1)
- Chester College of Law, LPC
- 2013 – to date, Partner, DLA Piper
- 2012 – 2013, Legal Director, DLA Piper
- 2007 – 2012, Senior Associate, DLA Piper
- 2001 – 2007, Associate, DLA Piper
- 1999 – 2001, Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper
- 1996 – 1999, Tax Adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Naylor on the acquisition of concrete fencing manufacturer Procter
26 August 2020 .2 minute read
Vlog series: How to raise equity capital during the Coronavirus pandemic (UK)
3 August 2020 .2 minute read