Clare McLarenSenior Associate
Clare has ten years’ experience in the financial services sector and has spent time working in-house at a major European bank; as sole UK legal counsel of a global fiduciary and advisory business, as well as in private practice as a tax lawyer at a magic circle firm and as a corporate lawyer. Clare has lived and worked in London, Milan and the Cayman Islands. Her focus is on corporate reorganisations and she has experience in a wide variety of corporate, commercial and tax matters including joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, credit facilities, offshore funds, securitisations and data protection.
- GE in respect of internal and global reorganisations including USD21bn sale of pharma business (2020).
- An innovation parc GBP60m joint venture (2020).
- A Los Angeles based technology company corporate reorganization and drafting associated documentation (2017).
- The borrower in connection with the security aspects of a CAD$40m credit facility (2017).
- A listed multi-billion dollar international investment company migration from Malta to the UK (2016).
- A UK newsprint plant sale by industry leaders to private equity interests (2013).
- The proposed purchase of a UK bank (2013).
- Investment arrangements including subscription and shareholder arrangements, in companies in the UK, South Africa and Pakistan (various) (2013).
- In relation to a number of investments in the FMCG sector in North and West Africa (2012).
- Multi-jurisdictional tax structuring of a USD18m investment portfolio company (2012).
- BPP, LPC (2006)
- BPP, GDL (2005)
- St John's College, University of Cambridge, MA (Natural Sciences) (2004)