Bruce MeeSenior Counsel
Bruce Mee is a Senior Counsel in the Paris office of DLA Piper UK LLP, and specializes in complex contentious matters.
Bruce's practice encompasses all facets of dispute resolution, in both judicial and extra-judicial proceedings, including arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution procedures.
He frequently advises and assists clients in relation to commercial disputes involving breach of contract, torts, products liability, franchise and insurance matters. Bruce regularly represents clients across a broad range of industries, including banking and finance, energy and the insurance and reinsurance sectors, among others. He has developed special expertise in large risks and complex litigation and arbitration, including court-mandated expert appraisal proceedings and industrial risks litigation and investigations.
Bruce has extensive experience representing clients before civil and commercial courts throughout France and its overseas territories and possessions, as well as in arbitration proceedings in French and English.
Bruce's clients, quoted in the Paris edition of Legal 500, have described him as “very pragmatic, “tactically ingenious” and as having “a profound knowledge of the French legal system”. He is listed in Who's Who Legal France.
Bruce was a founding partner of the Paris office and its former Managing Partner.
- Representing a major international manufacturer of power conversion systems in a lawsuit alleging defective supply of electric motors for the operation of a French regional water treatment facility
- Representing a manufacturer of compressors used in the extraction and pumping of industrial salts in a lawsuit alleging defective supply of compressor assemblies, including a related judicial expert proceeding
- Representing an international insurance group in connection with coverage and liability issues associated with the supply of an allegedly defective waste incineration plant to a French regional authority, including related judicial expert proceedings
- Representing an international chemicals and coatings concern in a lawsuit alleging defective supply of a paint system for a super yacht, including a related judicial expert proceeding
- Advising a Sub-Saharan African country in connection with a forensic investigation into corruption and misappropriation of funds provided by multilateral lenders for use in a rural water distribution and purification program
- Assisting a major international insurance group in connection with monitoring and supervising complex class action litigation involving an insured banking institution in multiple jurisdictions
- Advising an internationally known producer of frozen foods in connection with the recall of mislabeled products in the context of the "horsegate" affair, including the defense of related civil and criminal proceedings and crisis management assistance
- Columbia University J.D.
- Harvard University A.B., magna cum laude
- University of Paris Master's degree of Letters
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association