Giuseppe Mele is a finance lawyer with over 20 years of experience in banking and finance transactions and focusing primarily on real estate finance, corporate lending, acquisition finance and structured finance.
Giuseppe is a Partner in the Finance, Projects & Restructuring department and is based in the Rome and Milan offices. He regularly advises banks, financial institutions, corporates, investment funds and other investors in the context of domestic or cross-border transactions.
Giuseppe focuses particularly on finance transaction relating to the real estate sector, including transactions with real estate investment funds and the financing of development projects. Within the real estate sector, his experience encompasses a broad range of asset classes, including residential, commercial, retail, healthcare, logistic, hotel and leisure.
He also engages in debt restructuring transactions and in the sale of debt portfolios, including portfolios of non-performing exposures.
Giuseppe is recognized as “Next Generation Partner” and recommended within the category “Banking and Finance” by the international legal directory The Legal 500 EMEA.
- Acting for the lending bank in a EUR31m financing, relating to two primary properties located in the centre of Milan, granted to an Italian SICAF (fixed-capital investment company) externally managed by a Lux AIFM.
- Acting for the lending bank in connection with a cross-border senior financing, for the overall amount of EUR215m, granted in relation to the acquisition of a portfolio of four premium hotels in top European locations.
- Acting for a leading Italian management company (società di gestione del risparmio) of real estate alternative investment funds in connection with a secured loan granted to a fund for the acquisition of the property hosting Pirelli's headquarters in Milan.
- Acting for a leading corporate in the sale and transfer of trade receivables to an Italian securitisation vehicle.
- Acting for a bank in connection to the sale to investors of several portfolios of non-performing exposures, secured by Italian real estate assets.
Law degree, University of Rome "LUISS Guido Carli"
Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Banking and Finance, King’s College - University of London