Catriona Melton LLM, Dip. LPSenior Associate
Catriona is a Senior Associate with extensive experience advising clients on wide- ranging IT, IP and commercial contract issues, particularly data protection, technology and outsourcing, and regulatory compliance.
Her clients include private and public companies, with a particular focus on the Consumer Goods, Food and Retail, Media, Sport and Entertainment, Energy and Natural Resources sectors in the UK and internationally.
Prior to returning to private practice in 2018, Catriona was previously in-house counsel for Scotland-based organizations in the offshore Energy and Financial Services sectors.
Catriona is a core member of the firm’s LAW Gender Balance Network committee in the UK.
- Secondment to a major international bank, supporting the bank with a number of technology and outsourcing agreements.
- Advising leading global entertainments client, Merlin Entertainments, on a three year global agreement for media buying services.
- Supporting an international financial institution with a project to streamline its outsourced service providers.
- Providing legal support and guidance to an international insurance company for their outsourcing transformation project.
- The Robert Gordon University, LLM (Distinction) (Oil and Gas Law), 2015
- University of Edinburgh School of Law: Diploma in Legal Practice, 2007
- University of Edinburgh LLB Hons (First Class), 2006
- Senior Solicitor, Edinburgh based boutique law firm (2018-2019)
- Legal Counsel – Hymans Robertson (2017-2018)
- Solicitor (Commercial Contracts) – Aegon UK (2015-2017)
- Legal Counsel – C-Mar Group
- Catriona is a core member of the firm’s LAW Gender Balance Network committee in the UK and helps facilitate and foster discussion on promoting gender balance and women’s rights in the firm.
- She regularly works pro bono for charities and NGOs including JustRight Scotland, Kidney Care UK, the Center for Reproductive Rights and the World Food Program.
Memberships And Affiliations