Chanel MercurioSenior Associate
Chanel Mercurio is a corporate M&A and Projects lawyer who has experience acting for a range of clients from start-ups to listed companies and fund managers across a variety of sectors, with a particular focus on renewable energy, infrastructure, agriculture and consumer markets.
Chanel has developed strong skills in private M&A transactions, managing large scale due diligences, equity capital markets transactions, FIRB matters, employee incentive schemes, and corporate governance and Corporations Act compliance matters.
- Advising Althea Group Holdings Limited, an Australian founded medicinal cannabis company, on its AUD19.65 million IPO and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.*
- Advising Hassad Food Group in relation to the merger of its Australian pastoral and cropping properties with Macquarie Group’s agricultural investment business, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Asset (MIRA).*
- Advising AirTrunk, a technology start up, in relation to its AUD400 million capital raising from Goldman Sachs and TSSP comprising equity investment and mezzanine financing as well as senior debt.*
- Advising BP Australia in relation to its AUD1.8 billion acquisition of Woolworth Limited’s network of Australian retail petrol stations.*
- Advising Canadian Solar, one of the third largest integrated solar companies globally, on an investment by Foresight Group in two utility scale solar farms in Queensland and the simultaneous divestment of an additional solar farm in Queensland. The transaction included project financing and implementation of a unique structure for two adjacent projects to share connection infrastructure to connection to the grid.*
- Advising global investment firm BlackRock on its first renewable energy investment in Australia, the acquisition by a fund managed by BlackRock of a majority interest in a portfolio of two large scale solar PV projects in Queensland, namely the 150MW Daydream project and the 50MW Hayman.*
- Advising hyperscale data centre specialist AirTrunk on a sale of a majority interest in the AirTrunk group to an infrastructure fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Asset (MIRA) – a transaction which valued AirTrunk at over AUD3 billion.
- Advising Linfox in relation to its acquisition of Aurizon’s Queensland Intermodal Business.*
(* - Experience gained while at a previous firm)
Deakin University, Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
Deakin University, Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Acritas Stars independently rated lawyer, 2019 & 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
Law Institute of Victoria
Melbourne Corporations Committee
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Hy24 on strategic equity investment into InterContinental Energy
10 October 2023 .4 minute read
DLA Piper advises Solar United Network on acquisition of largest operating solar farm in...
19 October 2022 .2 minute read