Nick Meyer is an Associate in the Middle East Finance and Projects team, specializing in front end construction and infrastructure projects, with particular experience advising on major commercial development deals, rail and road projects, utilities and social infrastructure.
Nick regularly acts for private and public clients and advises on large scale commercial developments, mixed-use developments and infrastructure (roads, rail, airports and tunnels). This includes experience in public private partnerships, both acting for procurers (State and Federal Governments) and private bidder consortiums/developers. Nick advises on development and construction issues such as project delivery methods, project risks, tenants and leasing, payment mechanisms, programming and contract administration and has experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating on a range of contracts including constructions contracts, project deeds, O&M & EPC agreements, works contracts, interface agreements and consultancy agreements.
- Advising Oman Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Transport, Communication and Information Technology on the procurement of the Salalah Thumrait Truck Road PPP Project.
- Acting for Etihad Rail on the procurement of Stage 2 of UAE National Railway Network.
- Advising the NSW State Government on the procurement of the new $A11 billion Sydney Metro: Western Sydney Airport, which forms part of Australia’s largest ever transport project. This included advising on the dual tunnelling package, civil surface and alignment works, and the station, systems, signaling, operating and maintenance packages.
- Acted for a private consortium on the successful $A1 billion bid for a development of a new Sydney Metro station and dual over station commercial & residential developments.
- Advising bid sponsors on the Jafurah IWP desalination project in KSA.
- Advised a leading Australian developer on the multi-phased, town and commercial redevelopment of Macquarie Park, comprising of data centres, medical research laboratory and commercial towers, containing over 55,000 square meters of space and valued at $A700 million.
- Advising bid sponsors on the Zuluf Arabian Heavy Development (Water Treatment Facilities) Program in KSA.
- Advising Sharjah Electricity and Power Authority on the procurement of the Hamriyah IWP Project.
- Advising private developers on residential and commercial developments on KSA NEOM Project.
- Acted for the NSW Department of Education on the expansion, construction, operation and maintenance of numerous public schools maintained under an existing PPP structure.
- New South Wales College of Law, Practical Legal Training Program (PLT), June 2019
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Hons), Public Policy, Law and Governance, 2018