Adriana focuses her practice on complex infrastructure projects including those performed on the basis of the broadly understood Public Private Partnership formula.
For more than 20 years she has been advising for both public and private partners in the sectors of transportation, healthcare, energy, sports and leisure infrastructures, as well as water supply and wastewater.
Adriana has been supporting the majority of significant PPP/ Infrastructure projects in Poland (including A2 corridor concessions, regional roads projects, the dormitories in Cracow, the management of the International Congress Centre in Katowice Project and four express roads projects among others).
She has been active in building Public Sector and PPP/ Infrastructure expertise in Poland since 2006 by taking part in legislation process.
Adriana is a co-author of the first governmental PPP Guidelines in Poland encumbering preparation of PPP project, proceedings and contracts which will be broadly used by the PPP market in Poland.
- Advising a Ministry of Infrastructure and Development and Lower Silesia Service for Roads and Railway and in a pilot PPP project to redevelop and maintain over 187 km of regional roads.*
- Advising preparing drafts of PPP Agreements for design, build, finance and operate to be applied in governmental PPP expressways projects.*
- Advising winning bidder in concession proceedings conducted by the City of Gdańsk concerning the development of the area of the former tram depot in the Lower Town of Gdansk.*
- Advising General Agency for Roads and Motorways in two PPP projects involving tender procedures, including preparing Poland's first DBFO contract relating to development on motorways in A1 and A2 corridor.*
- Supporting the city of Katowice in proceedings for concluding the pioneering Concession Agreement for management of International Congress Center and SPODEK Hall.*
- Advising the Ministry of Sport and Tourism on preparation of Polish part of the Polish-Ukrainian bid to organize the European Football Championship UEFA EURO 2012.*
- Advising on complex legal issues for road, maritime, aviation, and railway projects and providing the Centre of Union Transportation Project use of transport priority axes.*
* Experience gained before joining DLA Piper.
- Master of Laws, Adam Mickiewicz University, 2001
- Masters degree in International Relations, Adam Mickiewicz University, 1999
- Ranked Band 2 in Projects & Infrastructure – Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Adriana Mierzwa-Bronikowska advises on a range of matters, including transport infrastructure, public building and water management projects, often structured on a PPP basis. Clients praise her 'ability to propose solutions and good judgement on complex issues.'" - Chambers Europe, 2022
- Recognised as "Highly Regarded in Project development" – IFLR1000, 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-law, 2007