Jodie has a range of experience in non-contentious construction and engineering matters across a number of sectors including real estate, retail and student accommodation.
As a non-contentious construction lawyer, Jodie provides advice on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, consultancy appointments, development agreements and the ancillary bonds, guarantees and warranties.
- Advising a funder JV entity on the acquisition, funding and development of a portfolio of student accommodation properties, including the preparation of lender construction reports on the suite of construction documents for each asset, advising on the construction aspects of the finance documents, as well as assisting with the preparation of development finance agreements and ancillary construction documents. Project value GBP200 million. Project completion 2018.
- Advising Investec Bank PLC on the funding of two student accommodation developments, including carrying out due diligence on all of the construction documents, the preparation of lender construction reports and advising on the construction aspects of the finance documents (ongoing).
- Advising MBU Capital on the development and forward funding of a purpose built student accommodation and affordable office space scheme, including drafting and negotiating the forms of appointment (ongoing).
- Advising University of Sheffield in relation to a range of construction projects across its estate (ongoing).
- Advising Waypoint Government Income Fund in respect of a GBP20 million scheme to deliver a range of housing options for older people which will promote independent living and social inclusion. The scheme includes five developments offering flats, assisted living and bungalows. Jodie assisted with the drafting and negation of the building contracts, parent company guarantees, the professional appointments and the collateral warranty package to be provided in favour of Newcastle City Council. Capital value: GBP20 million (2020). Jodie is subsequently advising on a second scheme in Newcastle for Waypoint Government Income Fund, this time to deliver eight assisted living developments (ongoing).
- Advising Artisan Real Estate in relation to its numerous regeneration schemes in Glasgow and Edinburgh including:
- the regeneration of Abbeyhill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh into a mixed use residential and student development (ongoing);
- the Canonmills Garden scheme which reinvigorated a prominent brownfield site overlooking the Water Leith providing one, two and three bedroom apartments as well as maisonettes and townhouses and 25% provision for affordable homes. Capital value: circa GBP27 million (ongoing).
- Advising Sytner Group on the refurbishment and construction of new build car dealerships across the UK (2018).
- Advising St James’ Place PLC in relation to the development of various retail and leisure sites across the UK, including drafting and negotiating the forms of appointment for the construction of a new coffee outlet and drive through unit (ongoing).
- Advising LEGO Company in relation to various fit out and refurbishment projects.
- Advising AXA Real Estate in relation to its redevelopment of Asticus House, London. The redevelopment involves the construction of two new floors on the existing building – this is an innovative project as it will include the jacking up of the existing building to facilitate the construction (ongoing).
- University of Sheffield, MA in Legal Practice, 2017-2018
- University of Sheffield, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2016-2017
- University of Sheffield, BA in Politics, 2013-2016
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Society of Construction Law