Ana Paula Pitta de MouraSenior Associate
Ana Paula is a Senior Associate at the Intellectual Property and Data Privacy practices, with extensive experience in the management of large IP portfolios of multi-national companies, analysis of risks and definition of local IP strategies, negotiation, prosecution, and all actions involved in the protection and maximization of IP assets.
She is also certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) as a CIPP/E, and is active in projects of adequacy to the General Data Protection Law (LGPD), mapping of risks, drafting of privacy policies and other documents in the area, advice on internal and external business processes.
- Due diligence and legal audit of the Intellectual Property assets and trademark licensing agreements of two major soccer teams in Brazil in preparation for their spin-off to a new company independent of the original sports clubs;
- Assistance in the development of the Franchise structure and operations in Brazil of an international company active in the rental of shared co-work spaces;
- LGPD Compliance Project of an important entertainment Brazilian company that organizes and promotes major music festivals, locally and abroad;
- Successful cease and desist letters to several local infringers of a global telecommunications company;
- Successful cease and desist letters to several local infringers of a global financial institution;
- Drafting of Trademark License Agreement of an significant entertainment brand that will be explored in a resort operation in Brazil;
- Advice on the E-commerce Legal Guidelines of a major luxury brands group in relation to the laws of Brazil;
- Due diligence analysing several areas involved in the operation of a streaming channel as part of the video content made to Subscribers of a famous technology company in Brazil.
- Analysis of the personal data collection activities of a famous automotive industry in the context of its automated driving and analyses of compliance with the Brazilian data protection law.
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, B.A., 1998
Universidade Estadual do Rio de Janeiro, Post-Graduate Specialization in Intellectual Property, 2002
Escola Superior de Advocacia da OAB/RJ, Post-Graduate Specialization in Civil Procedures Law, 2004
- Copyright law in Brazil and the dilemma of the works produced by artificial intelligence (article published in the ABPI’s Magazine nº 175 – Nov/Dec 2021);
- Trade Dress Protection: a comparative perspective between the U.S. and Brazil (article published in the Spring/Fall 2022 issue of the Newsletter of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the US Federal Bar Association).
Ana Paula has worked in other prominent IP specialized law firms in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and in Houston, TX, USA.
Memberships And Affiliations
- OAB/RJ – State Bar of Rio de Janeiro
- IAPP – International Association of Privacy Professionals