Tess Muckensturm has developed a strong expertise in data privacy and data protection, cybersecurity and e-commerce.
She advises French and international companies in a wide range of sectors (such as in retail, luxury, life sciences and media) on all issues related to the GDPR and cybersecurity.
- Advised on several data breaches
- Drafted data protection agreements
- Conducted transfer impacts assessments
- Analyzed the risks related to the use of Google Analytics cookies
- Advised on the implementation of a webscrapping tool
- Advised on requests for the communication of personal data by law enforcement
- University of California, Berkeley, LL.M. in Law & Technology, 2016
- HEAD Law School, Master’s Degree in Business Law, 2013
- University of Panthéon-Assas, Bachelor’s Degree in Private Law, 2012
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Tess worked as an associate at a leading French law firm recognized in data protection & new technology.
She also worked as a counsel in a media company and in a consulting company.