Sean Murray advises domestic and international clients on financial services tax matters, including investment management, structured finance, real estate, banking, capital markets and private equity.
His clients include the world’s leading financial institutions and asset management companies.
- Dublin City University, Ireland, B.A., Accounting & Finance, 1999
- “Sean Murray of DLA Piper LLP is knowledgeable in tax mandates pertaining to securitisation mandates, investment fund launches and loan financing. A source lauds him, highlighting that he has a "great breadth of knowledge."” - Chambers Europe - Ireland, 2022
- “The "excellent" Sean Murray is knowledgeable in tax mandates pertaining to structured finance” - Chambers Europe - Ireland, 2021
- Described as “very proactive” and “easy to deal with,” Sean Murray provides tax advice on a range of transactions and structures. He is experienced in topics relating to finance and refinance mandates, real estate and loan transactions, and the establishment of funds and SPVs. Chambers 2020
- A source says “He always delivers tailored client-specific solutions”, additionally admiring his “ability to simplify a very complex solution into a clear and understandable one”. “Murray is super technical "reports on admiring market observer, adding “he knows tax inside out”. “I have been very impressed with his work. He is extremely clued-in”. Chambers 2019
- Sean Murray “is praised by sources for his “exceptional technical tax knowledge”. Chambers 2018
- Sean Murray is “Creative in resolving issues”. Chambers 2017
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chartered Tax Adviser with the Irish Tax Institute
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises VEHIS on raising PLN 1.3 billion in debt financing – the first warehouse...
13 September 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą VEHIS przy pozyskaniu finansowania o wartości ponad 1,3 mld PLN –...
13 September 2022 .1 minute read