Christopher OllechSenior Associate
Christopher Ollech focuses on national and international legal aspects of the energy industry.
Christopher has significant experience in relation to European and German regulatory matters, energy contractual matters and energy infrastructure projects. Specifically, he focuses on regulatory and contractual matters in the context of renewable energy and modern technologies.
In particular, Christopher assists clients in the field of transactions related to the energy sector. He also represents clients in administrative as well as in contentious proceedings.
- Assisting project developers and investors in the context of renewable energy projects.
- Drafting and reviewing power and gas supply and trading agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing direct marketing contracts (Direktvermarktungsverträge) for the marketing of electricity generated in renewable energy installations.
- Assisting in the contractual and regulatory due diligence in the context of acquisitions of renewable energy installations and renewable energy companies, including operators of wind and solar installations, and battery storage companies.
- Advising network operators and market participants in relation to network connection, network access and fee regulation system.
- Advising network operators, energy companies, energy-intensive companies, investors and energy traders on the regulatory environment of the energy sector.
- Advising electric vehicle producers on the regulatory environment for charging infrastructure.
- Higher Regional Court of Hamm, Second State Examination, 2013
- University of Münster, First State Examination, 2009
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for industry focus: energy; “Christopher Ollech’s work is very detailed and forward-looking. He analyses the respective initial situation in a practical way [...] and thus drafts outstanding agreements.”
Christopher has gained inhouse experience in the energy industry during his secondment to a German transmission system operator.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises exceet on business combination with green hydrogen plant pioneer APEX...
19 January 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises BASF on financing for its stake in offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust...
27 April 2022 .4 minute read