Apoorvaa ParanjpeSenior Associate
Apoorvaa Paranjpe is a triple qualified dispute resolution lawyer focussing on international arbitrations arising from infrastructure, construction, real estate and financial services sectors and general commercial disputes.
Apoorvaa also has experience with commercial litigations before the High Court of England and Wales, the Supreme Court of India and the Bombay High Court.
- Representing a French aircraft manufacturer in an ICC arbitration as respondent against an aerospace company with respect to various claims in excess of USD50 million.
- Representing a European manufacturer of light aircrafts in an ICC arbitration as respondent against a Chinese aircraft manufacturer as claimant in a dispute under a manufacturing license agreement. This matter involved complex questions of aviation regulations and authorisations and various claims worth EUR150 million.
- Representing a global media company in an ICC arbitration as claimant against a Vietnamese media and entertain company with respect to various contractual claims under an asset purchase agreement and a share warrant agreement as well as tortious claims.
- Representing a renewable energy company in an ICC arbitration regarding a dispute related to solar photovoltaic power projects in three states in India.*
- Representing an international energy and water company in an ICC arbitration in relation to a dispute with a state electricity board in India for claims under a Power Purchase Agreement.*
- Representing a real estate developer in ad hoc domestic arbitration proceedings (seat in India) with respect to disputes arising under a management agreement and related proceedings before the Bombay High Court.*
- Representing a leading private life insurance company in ad hoc domestic arbitration proceedings (seat in India) with respect to disputes arising under a Leave & License Agreement.*
- Representing five foreign institutional investors to challenge the applicability of ‘Minimum Alternate Tax’ to their capital gains in India in proceedings before the Bombay High Court.*
- Representing a sub-prime lender on one of the largest claims for audit negligence in the United Kingdom.*
- Representing a major financial institution with respect to disputes with a Taiwanese shipping company for monies due under a series of forward freight agreements.*
* Denotes experience from a previous firm
- Columbia Law School, LLM (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
- National Law School of India University, BA, LLB (Hons.)
- “Report on the 4th ICC Asia Conference on International Arbitration”, ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin, Issue 3, 2018
- “Security for Costs”, DLA Piper 9th International Arbitration Training Day, London, October 2019
- “The ICC International Court of Arbitration and its Secretariat”, King and Wood Mallesons, Hong Kong, September 2018
- “International Arbitration Under ICC Rules”, Hong Kong Law Society, Hong Kong, April 2018
- “Arbitration Ordinance 2015 – Is it a Game Changer?”, Khaitan & Co, Mumbai, December 2015
- “Product Liability in India”, Confederation of Indian Industries, Mumbai, November 2014
Prior to joining the firm, Apoorvaa worked at the Secretariat of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Hong Kong giving her special insight into the institution's practices and the working of arbitral institutions in Asia generally.