Jerome Pentecoste has extensive experience in privately financed public projects, public business law, regulatory and administrative litigation.
For over 29 years, Jerome has advised industrials, banks, public entities within the context of major contracts (PPP, concessions, long-term leases, public domain titles, complex public procurement, financial and operating leases). He regularly works on feasibility studies and fulfillment difficulties (addenda, penalties, agreement protocols) or premature termination notably in the context of expert assessment or litigation.
He has a proven track record in transport infrastructures, energy, telecoms, waste and water sectors as well as social infrastructures (health, education, sport, culture) and national defence and security or justice.
Moreover, Jerome Pentecoste has developed acknowledged expertise in regulatory law (in sectors such as pharmaceutical, medical devices, audiovisual…). He assists his clients vis-à-vis regulatory authorities and various inspection bodies (Cour des Comptes, CDBF) or disciplinary jurisdictions as well as at the Constitutional Council and European jurisdictions.
Infrastructure projects : New Defence Ministry/Balard Project; New Paris Court Home/TGI Project; PPP Northern section of Lyon ring road,; PPP Prisons Lot 3; Waste treatment concession in Guadeloupe, Fos-sur-Mer and Varennes-Jarcy; HeatNet concessions in metropolitan Lyon; PPP University Paris 7, PPP Cité Musicale Ile Seguin; PPP Campus Condorcet; PPP Ecole Centrale Supelec; PPP Lille Forum; PPP Îlot Perrée.
Other projects: RDIP-Air network, High speed internet network Auvergne PPP, RORO ships, SYRACUSE satellites, HeliDax helicopters, FOMEDEC military aircrafts, LeasingTramways RATP, US Lease TGV SNCF, Leasing TER/Regional Trains, Archade Hadrontherapy center in Normandy, public Domain titles at La Ciotat port.
- Certificate of specialisation in public law, 1994
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris, 1989
- Université Paris XII, Val de Marne, 1987
- DEA Droit Public
- Best Lawyers – Public Law – 2012-23
- Chambers Europe - Band 3 - Public Law: Public Contracts – 2022
- Legal 500 – Tier 3 – Administrative and Public Law – 2022
- "Halte à la compensation forcée! La jurisprudence récente se montre plus favorable au titulaire qui conteste une créance de son partenaire public", Le Moniteur, October 2021
- “Marché public global et valorisation foncière : trésor caché ou miroir aux alouettes ?”, Le Moniteur, June 2021
- "“Secret des affaires et affaires publiques", Les Echos Executives, April 2020
- “Pourquoi il ne faut pas emprunter de l'argent public en période électorale”, DLA Piper Insights, March 2020
- “Recours et/ou PPP : histoire marseillaise d'une prise d'otages", Option Finance, June 2019, Les Echos Executives, August 2019 (this article was nominated at the Plumes et Caméras de l’économie et du droit by Business Legal Forum in October 2019)
- Seminar: Matinale Projets et Droit Public « Pénalités et Contrats », June 2021
- Webinar: Le droit des contrats public survivra-t-il à la crise sanitaire ?», May 2020
- Former Secretary to the Lawyers' Internship Conference at the State Council and the Court of Cassation
- Former lecturer in advanced public law at Sciences-Po Paris
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of CEFOPPP (PPP think tank co-founded by the French Finance Ministry and the Delegated Management Institute)
- Member of AFTER (think tank on financing the energy transition)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises LBBW on the financing of H2air's Myosotis wind farm in France
28 March 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Flamingo, UK’s leading supplier of cut flowers, on the acquisition of...
24 December 2021 .2 minute read