Joseline Rodriguez focuses her practice on corporate and international matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures and public private partnership. She has experience advising US and foreign companies, as well as family groups in various types of equity and debt investments, corporate governance and other general day-to-day matters, across a broad spectrum of industries.
Joseline's experience includes complex cross-border transactions involving Latin America. She has also assisted and served as counsel in corporate reorganizations, refinancings and restructurings, as well as representing creditors' rights in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Putney Capital Management, an asset management and advisory company located in Central America and the Caribbean, in its acquisition of a 50-percent interest in Colombian steel mill, Diaco S.A., from Gerdau S.A., a major steel manufacturer based in Brazil.
- Costa Rican television operator in its sale to a multinational telecommunications company.
- An insurance company in the sale of its Latin American business in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Mexico.
- Counsel to, in collaboration with DLA Sweden, DLA Canada and DLA UK, a major Canadian sawmill company, Canfor Corporation, in its acquisition of the largest privately owned sawmill company group, Vida Group, through Canfor's subsidiary Canadian Forest Products Ltd.
- Counsel to, in collaboration with DLA Sweden and DLA Germany, the world's largest home appliance manufacturer in its corporate reorganization in Australia, Canada and US.
- Specialty Pharmacy Services Company, a growing leader in the specialty pharmacy industry in the acquisition of a specialty pharmacy business conducting operations in the US.
- Advising a leading Central American mobile operator on the implementation of its compliance program, including FCPA.
- A potential buyer in the bid/sales process of one of the largest manufacturers in Italy with a subsidiary in the US.
- The Government of Puerto Rico, including several instrumentalities, on numerous matters.
- In collaboration with DLA Madrid, a search fund in its investments in Brazil.
- LL.M., University of Connecticut School of Law
- J.D., University of Puerto Rico School of Law