Chris RennieSenior Associate
Chris Rennie has a range of experience in the drafting and negotiation of complex commercial agreements, including IT and BPO arrangements, tech transformations and implementations, through to supply chain and logistics agreements. Chris has worked on several significant outsourcing and technology transactions and has been seconded to a number of our international clients in the technology and financial services sectors. Chris was also recently recognised as a Rising Star in our Tier 1 Commercial Contracts Team in the UK's Legal 500 directory.
- Working with the London Stock Exchange on its procurement of USD2.8bn cloud infrastructure services from Microsoft. alongside Microsoft's 4% equity stake in LSEG as part of a 10 year strategic partnership.
- Advising the UK’s Ministry of Defence on the reprocurement of a Logistics Information System, valued at GBP460m, supporting vital services including inventory, transport, engineering and general ledger management, ensuring the UK can successfully deploy military personnel and equipment globally.
- Advising Safaricom PLC on its intra group and investor agreements for the roll out of its telecoms and mobile money operations into Ethiopia.
- Advising household name payment institution in the drafting and negotiation of its core network partner agreements between itself and local financial institutions in various territories to set up and run its international payments network.
- Advising a global telecoms network on its international incentivisation scheme underpinning the roll out of its developing mobile payments solution.
- Advising a stock exchange on the material outsourcing of its data centre provisions, accounting for relevant EBA/PRA regulations and considerations around nationally important infrastructure.
- Advising a front line cancer care provider on a framework agreement for the procurement and support of a range of novel MRI scanner equipment at its global diagnostic and treatment sites.
- Advising a public utility entity on the procurement of a specialised solution to accurately measure wind turbine inertia in its energy network.
- Edinburgh University, Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, 2014
- Edinburgh University, Law, First, 2013
- Encouraging diversity can help people flourish, The Scotsman, 26 March 2018
- Technology's Legal Edge
Chris launched and now leads the firm’s LGBT+ pro bono unit, Iris Represents, and sits as International Pro Bono and Community Engagement Lead for our LGBT+ network Iris. He works with our network to help deliver pro bono advice, project and initiatives, working with LGBT+ focussed NGOs and organisations.