Becky Rock is a senior corporate/commercial associate who advises companies on a wide range of matters, with a particular expertise in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements. Her practice was founded working with mature clients and she enjoys bringing this experience to emerging companies to help them grow their businesses.
Becky acts for clients at all stages of the business life cycle, advising on investments, acquisitions, amalgamations, and reorganizations. She is skilled at policy drafting and works with clients to develop their contract precedents. Becky also has in-depth corporate governance knowledge as a result of having served as corporate secretary of a federal Crown corporation.
Becky has experience in a variety of industries, including technology, psychedelics, vaping, forestry, food, and beverage. She has helped clients successfully navigate complex advertising, privacy, and consumer protection issues in British Columbia. With a background in science, Becky brings a methodical, pragmatic approach to her practice.
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2014
- B.Sc., University of British Columbia, 2011
- Author, On the Record: Private Corporations in British Columbia Will Soon be Required to Collect and Disclose Shareholder Information, May 2019
- Author, Safe Food for Canadians Regulations: Food for Thought for Canadian Businesses, July 2018
- Author, Canada's House of Commons Rejects Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Modified Foods, May 2017
- Author, Making Better Food Choices: Health Canada's Vision for Canadians, December 2016
- Author, Labels, Endorsements, and Scientific Proof: A New Approach to Self-Care Products in Canada, September 2016
- Author, Detailing genetic modification: With the pressure on to label bioengineered food, it's unclear who will lead the charge, The Lawyers Weekly, September 2, 2016
- Author, North America's GMO-Labeling Policy Patchwork and the Consumer's "Right to Know", June 2016
- Author, Will Virtual Meetings Become a Reality in Canada? June 2016
- Author, What's in a Name? Organic Food Labelling in British Columbia, June 2016
- Author, From Lab to Farm to Table: Regulation of Genetically Modified Food in Canada, June 2016
- Author, Gotta Have (Good) Faith: Wrongful Dismissal and Aggravated Damages in George v. Cowichan Tribes, April 2015
- Student Mentor, Canadian Bar Association
- Director, SAD Mag
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association