Katherine Sawczyn focuses her practice on complex commercial real estate transactions. Katherine’s experience includes the acquisition, disposition, and financing of office, multi-family, retail, industrial, and other real estate assets in states across the United States. She performs legal due diligence, drafts and negotiates documents, and advises owners, investors, borrowers, developers, and landlords of real estate assets.
In addition, Katherine is passionate about pro bono and has volunteered in immigration and asylum matters and counseled clients seeking civil protective orders.
- Represented an institutional owner of multifamily housing communities in connection with the acquisition and financing of a multifamily property and related complex corporate restructuring and joint venture.
- Represented a private real estate company as borrower in loan modifications secured by a portfolio of over 100 retail assets.
- Represented an institutional owner in connection with a construction loan and related land acquisition and joint venture concerning the construction of a multifamily project.
- Represented the purchaser/borrower in the acquisition and financing of a property for industrial development.
- Represented an institutional owner in connection with the acquisition and related joint venture, and subsequent leasing of a truck terminal.
- J.D., Howard University
- B.S., Psychology, Texas A&M University