Russell Sass focuses his practice on corporate, commercial, and regulatory matters relating to the healthcare industry.
Russell represents a variety of clients, including private equity firms and strategic investors, healthcare facilities, providers, and organizations in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, governance matters, general business transactions and healthcare regulatory matters. Russell also assists clients in developing innovative business models including analyzing issues relating to the Corporate Practice of Medicine, the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represented New Jersey Urology, the leading urology service provider in New Jersey, in its partnership and restructuring with J.W. Childs Associates, a leading middle-market private equity firm, in forming Urology Management Associates that provides administrative services to NJU
- Represented North American Dental Group in its acquisition of multiple dental clinics
- Represented Abry Partners in its acquisition of Dr. Dental
- Represented ROARK in its acquisition of Great Expression Dental Centers.
- Represented Warburg Pincus in the acquisition of CityMD, a New York and New Jersey based urgent care provider
- Currently representing private equity fund in acquisition of New York based population health management platform
- Currently representing private equity fund in acquisition of New York based walk-in clinics/medical practice
- Represented Gastro Health in its partnership and restructuring with The Audax Group
- Represented Prairie Capital in its sale of Riverchase Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery to GTCR
- Currently representing large dermatology platform in partnership with private equity fund
- Represented Skin and Cancer Associates LLP in the sale of its partnership interests to SPC Dermatology Partners, LLC
- Represented Advanced Surgery Center in connection with its partnership with Surgery Partners, Inc.
- Currently representing New York based dental health insurance platform in connection with its sale to a national competitor
- Represented Fulcrum Equity in its acquisition of CarePlus Medical
- Represented Fulcrum Equity in its acquisition of Liberation Way
- J.D., Hofstra University
- Chambers USA
- Band 4, Florida Healthcare (2023)
- Up and Coming, Florida Healthcare (2021-2022)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Healthcare: Service Providers (2022-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law (2023)
Prior to joining the firm, Russell was a member of the general counsel’s office of the largest global provider of integrated cancer care services which owns and operates more than 166 radiation therapy centers in the United States and Latin America.
My latest insights
CMS releases final rule for the Medicare Advantage RADV program
7 February 2023 .9 minute read
CMS proposes sweeping changes to Medicare Advantage and Part D marketing activity...
19 January 2023 .8 minute read