Marco Salgado has extensive experience of advising on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate matters. He acts for corporate investors and companies across various sectors, including consumer goods, infrastructure, and energy. He is the LatAm co-lead of the environmental, social and governance (ESG) practice and serves as head of the media, sport and entertainment practice in Chile.
Marco assists international companies setting up their activities in the country and on their corporate matters. He has experience advising state-owned, public and private institutions on corporate governance and has also acted as lead counsel in local and international commercial arbitration and judicial cases, appearing before local and foreign courts with proceedings executed both in Chile and abroad.
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised the client, as borrower, in the structuring and execution of a US$ 803.1 million refinancing transaction for its portfolio of assets in Chile, through a US$ 710 million private placement green bond and a US$ 93.1 million credit agreement.
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Aela Generación S.A. and Aela Energía SpA, corresponding to a portfolio of 332 MW in three operating wind farms (Sarco, Cuel and Aurora) located in Chile for US$685.6 million.
American Tower Corporation: Advised the client in the acquisition of Telxius Towers Latam Division, through the execution of a Share Purchase Agreement entered between American Tower International, Inc. and Telxius Telecom, S.A. over 100% of the share capital of Telxius Torres Latam, S.L.U. Telxius Towers Latam Division has a vast portfolio of cellular wireless telecommunication towers in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru. (US$ 1.1 billion). This deal was awarded as 2021 LatAm Deal of the Year by TTR (Transactional Track Record).
Colegium SpA.: Asset acquisition contract by which Colegium SpA purchased the assets, brands and clients of GoSchool S.A., expanding its business in Argentina and Latin America.
American Tower Corporation: Advised on the purchased of 30,722 telecommunication towers from Telefónica Group in Europe (Germany and Spain) and Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru)
American Tower Corporation: Advised on the purchase of assets from Entel in Chile and Peru for US$ 772 million
Pharol: Advised the client, to the first online pharmacy in Chile, in its strategic agreement with Fasa for the marketing of its products online
L'Oréal Chile: Advice on corporate and commercial matters in Chile
Infosys: Advice on corporate and commercial issues in ChileInversiones Romy: Advice on corporate and commercial issues in Chile.
University of Michigan, Grotius Research Fellowship Recipient, 2010
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, LL.M. (Master of Laws) 2006Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Law Degree (J.D)2003
- LL.M, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile 2006
- Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile 2003
- Chambers Global
- Band 5, Chile Corporate/M&A (2023)
- Chambers and Partner
- Chile Corporate and M&A (2023)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
- Recommended, Chile Corporate and M&A (2022 - 2023)
- Recommended, Chile Corporate and M&A (including Compliance) (2017 - 2021)
- Recommended, Latin America: International Firms Corporate and M&A (2019)
- Recommended, Chile Dispute Resolution (2017 - 2018)
- Leaders league, highly recommended, Corporate M&A (2023)
- Best Lawyers, Corporate and M&A Law (2020 - 2022)
- Latin Lawyer 250, Litigation (2019 - 2020), Highly Recommended (2021 - 2022)
- Latin Lawyer National, Litigation (2019 - 2020)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chilean Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Chile A.G.)
- Lead Faculty of the PUC
- Academic Mentor, Law Without Walls Program, University of Miami Law School
My latest insights
DLA Piper awarded Latin Lawyer’s 2023 “Deal of the Year” in two categories
17 May 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper awarded Proximo’s 2022 “Deal of the Year” for Innergex Renewable Energy’s...
6 March 2023 .3 minute read