Victor Sanlorien CoboAssociate
Victor is an attorney-at-law, based in DLA Piper’s Singapore office.
Victor specialises in Singapore and international tax, including structuring and transaction-based tax advice in the asset management, real estate, family office and private client sectors.
Victor advises on cross-border transactions, often requiring him to be the coordinator for tax advisors from various jurisdictions within Asia and Europe.
His understanding of the EU tax framework combined with his experience in Singapore make him a strategic tax advisor for many inbound and outbound investors in Asia and Europe.
Victor has also extensive experience in wealth planning matters. He has advised high net worth individuals, trustees and family offices on all tax and compliance issues related to establishment and implementation of trusts and family office structures.
Victor also advices Sovereign Wealth and Pension Funds on their Singapore operations.
Prior moving to Singapore, Victor worked in the Luxembourg office of a “Big Four” accounting firm, where he was member of the APAC Service Group.
- Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spanish Law Practice, LL.M., 2019
- Maastricht University, International and European Tax Law, LL.M., 2018
- Maastricht University, International Trade and Investment Law, LL.M., 2017
- Pompeu Fabra University, LL.B., 2016
- Advising on fund formation and structuring tax advice. This includes tax assistance to international and Singapore clients structuring their Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure, ESG, Venture Capital, Hedge, Digital Assets, Private Debt and Shari'a-compliant investments across various jurisdictions (mainly in Asia-Pacific, Europe, US and UK).
- Advising tax issues relating to Fund Managers and Sponsors, including carried interest advice.
- Advising on Singapore’s suite of Fund and Fund Manager tax incentives.
- Advising on REIT formation and tax structuring services across Asia-Pacific, UK and US. This includes advice on REITs listing through IPOs and tax matters during the warehousing stage.
- Advising on permanent establishment and tax residency issues for Funds and Fund Managers.
- Advising on Client’s level of substance and operational model vis-à-vis market practice and tax treaty access across various jurisdictions, notably in Asia-Pacific and Europe.
- Advising tax issues relating to Sovereign Wealth Funds and Pension Funds. This includes advice in relation to Section 13V Scheme.
- Advising tax issues relating to Family Offices and High Net Worth individuals. This includes advice in relation to establishment, structuring, succession and wealth planning
- Advising on buy-side/vendor tax due diligence and sell-side tax advice.
- September 2023 - present, DLA Piper Singapore
- 2021 - 2023, KPMG Singapore, Tax Consulting - Asset Management, Real Estate & Family Offices
- 2018 - 2021, Deloitte Luxembourg, Cross-Border Tax - M&A and Alternative Investments