Nick ScealesSpecial Counsel
Nick primarily advises mining and METS companies across a broad range of commercial, operational and procurement activities. Having spent more than 10 years at a major international mining company, he has developed deep experience in joint ventures, project development, M&A, procurement contracting and operational support in relation to large international and domestic mining projects.
He also has particular experience in special situations and projects ranging from strategic litigation, major project development, internal investigations and commercial negotiations.
- Technology Metals Limited (ASX:TMT) on its all-scrip merger with Australian Vanadium Limited (ASX:AVL) via scheme of arrangement, under which AVL will acquire 100% of the TMT shares to create the largest ASX-listed pure-play vanadium company valued at AUD217m.
- Widgie Nickel Limited (ASX:WIN) on the offtake (with pre-pay funding arrangements) to underpin the development of its Faraday lithium project in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto Limited on numerous strategic and operational matters, including African and South American transactional and project development matters.
- First Quantum Minerals on its long-term port access arrangements and disposal of a 30% interest in its Ravensthorpe operations.
- Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt on its share acquisition of 87% of the Arcadia Lithium Project in Zimbabwe for USD378m.
- University of Western Australia, Bachelor of Commerce (Acc & Fin), 2003
- Bond University, Bachelor of Laws (Second class honours), 2001
Memberships and Affiliations
- Australia-Africa Minerals and Energy Group