Jan SchlaakSenior Associate
Jan Schlaak practices in the area of corporate law, with a focus on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and restructurings. He is involved in transactions across a broad range of industry sectors, advising both on strategic M&A deals as well as Private Equity and Venture Capital investments.
Jan offers particular experience with transactions in the Renewable Energy sector.
As a Legal Tech Fellow, Jan is jointly responsible for DLA Piper's Legal Tech strategy in Germany.
- Advising global technology company HCLTech on acquisition of German automotive engineering service provider ASAP Group.
- Advising Uniper on sale of their marine fuel trading business Uniper DMCC in Dubai.
- Advising leading mid-market investor Capvis on acquisition of a majority stake in SCHURTER Group, a Swiss premium developer and manufacturer of electronic components.
- Advising WarnerBros. Discovery on an agreement with ProSiebenSat.1 on a new cooperation model for the streaming platform Joyn.
- Advising Sweden-based group of companies Storskogen on acquisition of majority stake in German performance-based advertising agency Dimabay.
- Advising Australian developer and manufacturer of analytical and life sciences products and devices Trajan Scientific and Medical on the acquisition of Axel Semrau, a German a laboratory automation, chromatography, and software business.
- Advising an international consortium including a foreign pension fund on the acquisition of a 400MW German offshore wind farm.
- Advising an international infrastructure fund on the sale of a 180MW German and French solar and wind portfolio.
- Higher Regional Court of Celle, Second State Examination, 2018
- Bucerius Law School, First State Examination, 2016
- 2019 to 2021 – Associate in the Hamburg office of an international law firm, special focus on M&A transactions in the renewable energy sector
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Rosen on sale of majority stake to Partners Group
28 November 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises HCLTech on acquisition of German Automotive Engineering Services Company...
17 July 2023 .2 minute read