Jillana practices in the areas of wills, estates, and trusts law, with a particular emphasis on estate administration and planning.
Jillana assists clients in a broad range of wills, estates, and trusts matters, including drafting wills, representation agreements, and powers of attorney and advising clients on estate and trust administration issues.
While completing her J.D. at the Peter A. Allard School of Law, Jillana competed in the BC Law Schools Moot, volunteered with the Allard Peer Tutor Program, Women’s Caucus, Environmental Law Group, Legal Education Outreach, and as a Graduation Co-Chair, and worked as a law tutor and teaching assistant at the Sauder School of Business. Before law school, Jillana earned a Bachelor of Science in biology in her home province at the University of Saskatchewan, graduating with the College of Arts and Science’s Most Outstanding Graduate Award in Biology.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Jillana completed a judicial clerkship for five Justices at the Supreme Court of British Columbia. She summered and articled at a large national firm.
- J.D., Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia, 2020
- B.Sc. (with Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2016
- Gudmuthseth Mickelson LLP Litigation Counsel Award in Law (2019)
- Panvini Scholarship in Law (2018)
- Karen Lysyk Memorial Scholarship (2018)
- McCarthy Tétrault Prize in Property (2018)
- Dean of Peter A. Allard School of Law J.D. Entrance Scholarship (2017)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia