Dr Thomas Schmuck M.C.L.Partner
Thomas Schmuck has more than twenty years of M&A experience, advising domestic and international transactions of whatever scale and complexity.
His recent focus has been on advising on transactions in the communications and media sectors, as well as in the banking and insurance sectors.
- Advising media and advertising holding WPP plc (including Grey, Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, J. Walter Thompson) on all German acquisitions during the past twelve years, including the acquisitions of Scholz & Friends and most recently of plista.
- Advising MetLife on German aspects of taking over Hartfort Financial and Alleghany Corporation on the German issues regarding the acquisition of Transatlantic Reinsurance Company.
- Advising trade union holding BGAG in its sale of home savings bank BHW to Postbank and of mortgage bank AHBR to Lonestar.
- Advising ING on various bank sales (including Sal. Oppenheim, Degussa Bank, Deutsche Hypothekenbank).
- University of Hamburg, Dr. jur., 1994
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Second State Examination, 1992
- George Washington University, Washington D.C. (Fulbright Scholar), M.C.L., 1989
Universities of Passau, Göttingen, Geneva and Hamburg, First State Examination, 1988
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for M&A
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for corporate
Memberships And Affiliations
- Frankfurt Bar Association
- Corporate Law Association