Dominik SchwarzlHe/himSenior Associate
The interests of our clients are at the heart of our work and we're continuously dedicated to achieving their goals.
Dominik advises and represents national and international clients especially in the banking and financial sector. His expertise pertains to national and international regulatory laws on the one hand and dispute resolution on the other hand.
Dominik has vast experience in Austrian and European banking law as well as sector-specific secrecy obligations. Dominik advised clients both on regulatory matters in transactions as well as on regulatory compliance. His focus on litigation and arbitration in the financial sector facilitates a holistic approach both in (pre-) trial and transaction scenarios.
Dominik represented clients before Austrian courts of all instances. He has successfully defended clients in mass litigation as well as in complex commercial and investment litigation.
- Advising a (significant) Austrian credit institution and its affiliates abroad in an ABS transaction exceeding EUR 900 million.
- Advising a (significant) Spanish credit institution and its Austrian subsidiary on large exposure limits.
- Advising an Austrian regulator in connection with the resolution of an Austrian bank.
- Representing a Liechtenstein Insurance company in mass litigation against clients of an investment adviser (insured person) in connection with various financial instruments.
- Representing a Montenegrin regional authority in an ICC arbitration in connection with financial collaterals.
- Representing a (significant) Dutch bank in investors litigation in connection with derivatives, the underling of which were the shares of an Austrian (significant) bank that were delisted due to a squeeze-out.
- University of Vienna, Mag. iur., 2016
Memberships And Affiliations
- Vienna Bar Association