Erin specialises in financial services laws, regulations and regulatory practice. She advises clients on UK and European financial services regimes including the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the Payments Services Directive II, the UK Senior Manager and Certification Regime, AIFMD, the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation and MiFID II.
Her clients include banks, fund managers and sponsors, asset managers, investment firms, consumer credit firms and payments firms.
Erin further advises on the operation of businesses under financial services regulation including regulation and compliance, conduct of business, regulatory perimeter and authorisations, ESG disclosures, M&A transactions, outsourcing, new product launches and regulatory change projects.
Erin is also a key member of our team advising in relation to ESG disclosure regimes applicable to financial institutions, including EU SFDR, EU Taxonomy and UK SDR.
Erin has experience in contentious, advisory and corporate work for UK and international financial institutions including:
- Advising international asset managers on the application and implementation of EU SFDR in respect of Article 8 and Article 9 products across a variety of asset classes Coordinating multi-jurisdictional fund marketing projects for fund managers and advising on NPPR notification and compliance requirements under AIFM regimes in the UK and EU.
- Providing regulatory support to corporate M&A and large restructuring transactions including regulatory due diligence, warranties and indemnities drafting, advising on deal structure and regulatory approval / communications.
- Advising several large UK banks on their obligations under the Payment Services Regulations 2017, interaction with UK payment systems and drafting product terms and conditions.
- Advising on the scope of the regulatory perimeter including the financial promotions regime and whether particular activities fall within the UK regulatory regime.
- Advising clients on compliance with the UK Senior Manager and Certification Regime.
- Advising a consumer credit firm on the scope, application and implementation of the FCA’s new consumer duty regime.
- A key member of the legal project team outsourced by a UK regulator to assist the Authorisations department in assessing statutory notifications.
- Advising on financial mis-selling claims under section 138D FSMA.*
- Advising an independent financial adviser in respect of FCA internal investigations and s166 skilled persons review relating to DB to DC pension transfers.*
*Denotes experience gained in the previous firm.
- University of Aberdeen, LLB Hons (1st), 2016
- University of Aberdeen, Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (Distinction), 2017
- Climate Change Risk in Finance, University of Edinburgh, 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Scotland
- The Society of Solicitors in the Supreme Courts of Scotland