Ailin SekitoJudicial Notary
Ailin Sekito is a registered Shiho-shoshi (Japanese judicial notary) and Gyosei-shoshi (administrative procedures specialist). Her principal areas of practice are M&A, foreign direct investment into Japan, joint ventures and strategic alliances, real estate acquisitions and title transfer related to real estate acquisitions, securities filings, immigration, and general corporate matters.
- M&A, share for share exchange and global restructuring projects for Danaher Corporation.
- M&A, spin-off and global restructuring projects for Life Technologies Corporation.
- Business tie-up project for Heinz Corporation with the prominent Japanese food producer Kagome Co., Ltd.
- Sale of portal site company Infoseek Japan K.K. to the prominent Japanese IT company Rakuten, Inc. for Walt Disney Company.
- Corporate housekeeping for local subsidiaries in cooperation with parent companies such as shareholders' resolutions for approval of financials, appointment and dismissal of managements, increase or decrease in its capital, amendment of Articles of Incorporation, granting stock options, granting of commercial power of representation, compliance with local laws and authorities for over 300 companies, mainly US or European companies.
- Grant of stock option to directors and employees of subsidiary in Japan and securities filing for Network Associates, Inc. and Intel.
- Real estate securitization projects using the Tokutei Mokuteki Kaisha structure.
- Transfer of rights in the collateral related to acquisition of nonperforming loans for Morgan Stanley Japan Limited, MagnaChip Corporation.
- Registration of Investment Advisor license for Funds established in Cayman Islands and Virgin Islands.
- Registration of Securities Broker license for The Bank of New York.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Aoyama Gakuin University, B.A., 1986
- Shiho-shoshi (Judicial notary)
- Gyosei-shoshi (Administrative procedures specialist)