Jeffrey C. Selman
Chair of SPAC Transactional Practice
Jeffrey C. Selman represents emerging and middle-market public and private technology and life sciences companies and investors on their formation, equity and debt financing, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, restructurings, board and management issues, and general corporate and commercial transactional matters. He has particular experience advising on the creation and funding of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), as well as advising on the use of SPACs as a means of taking companies public.
He has represented companies in a wide range of industries, including software, social networking, mobile device applications, interactive gaming and entertainment, media, semiconductor, network equipment, biotech, medical devices, geothermal, solar, battery, energy storage, metals and emerging automotive technology.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- A.B., Stanford University
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Issuers (2023)
- Recommended, Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Managers (2023)
- Quoted, "2021 is shaping up to be a big year for M&A. Here are 12 hot trends to expect, from a SPAC buying frenzy to a jump in cross-border deals," Business Insider, December 31, 2020
- Quoted, "INTERVIEW: DLA Piper’s Jeff Selman on the Year of the SPAC," IPO Edge, October 28, 2020
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Navitas Semiconductor in the closing of an US$80 million follow-on...
1 June 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Brookline Capital Acquisition Corp. in the closing of its business...
1 August 2022 .3 minute read