Divya Shanmugathas advises national and international companies on matters relating to personal data protection and privacy, cybersecurity, e-commerce and the Internet.
She notably supports companies in establishing and maintaining their GDPR and Privacy compliance programs. She intervenes on subjects such as the drafting of confidentiality policies, the keeping of processing registers, impact analyzes, the procedures for notification of personal data breaches, the management of requests for the exercise of rights and complaints from the data subjects, the defense of clients in their interactions with the authorities for the protection of personal data, cookies or even electronic prospecting.
Divya also has experience in drafting and negotiating commercial and IT contracts (partnerships, rights assignment contracts, SaaS or On Premise licensing contracts, integration, subcontracting). Her experience includes commercial litigation (deceptive and unfair commercial practices, unfair competition, parasitism, denigration) and IT litigation.
- Advising a client in the context of a major IT project of a bank for the establishment of a digital bank.
- Advising a client in the context of the realization of digital transformation, cloud and outsourcing projects.
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master Degree in E-Commerce and Economic Law, 2017
- Université Paris 11 Paris-Sud, Master Degree in Intellectual Property Law and Digital Law, 2016
- Université Paris 11 Paris-Sud, Licence in General Private Law, 2015
- Article “France: the CNIL has released its annual dawn raid Program for 2023: four national priorities and one priority coming from the EDPB!”, Lexology, March 2023
- Diffamation ou dénigrement ? Attention à la qualification des propos litigieux, Les Echos Executives, 11 mars 2020.
- Before joining DLA Piper, Divya worked as a Contracts and New Technologies in-house counsel in a large banking group.
- She has also completed numerous internships both in companies and international law firms specializing in IP / IT, allowing her to intervene in various sectors (luxury goods, advertising, IT, health and life sciences, banking, distribution, media, Internet).
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of IAPP