Daniel Shapira practises commercial real estate law. Daniel’s practice involves property development, sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial leasing and financing transactions, including land development and construction loans, acquisition facilities and operating facilities.
Daniel also advises underwriters and issuers on a wide array of real estate capital markets.
Daniel has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for his work in Real Estate Law and as a “Leading Lawyer to Watch” in the area of Property Development in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory. In 2017, he was honoured with a Lexpert Rising Stars – Leading Lawyers Under 40.
- LL.B., University of Victoria, 2003
- B.A., Western University, 1999
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Real Estate) 2023
- “Leading Lawyer to Watch” (Property Development) The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, 2018
- Lexpert Rising Stars – Leading Lawyers Under 40, 2017
- Committee Member for Real Estate Industry - Hold’em For Life Charity Challenge
- Governor of Mount Sinai Hospital
Memberships and Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member of Practical Law Canada's, Commercial Real Estate Advisory Board and contributor to Practical Law, drafted and annually update the precedent Debenture