Andrei Sheetkin, PhD Sheetkin, PhDLegal Director
Andrei Sheetkin focuses on civil law, corporate law, mergers and acquisition and venture capital business.
His experience covers legal advice on various corporate law matters, including the day-to-day business of companies. Andrei has rich experience in advising on corporate restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, representing both sellers and purchasers. He also leads legal due diligence projects.
In the venture capital business, Andrei is engaged in advising investors, founders and/or the management of venture companies in connection with investment rounds as well as on other matters related to the legal support of the venture capital business.
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, PhD in Law, 2020
- Georgetown University Law Center, Master of Laws, 2013
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Specialist Degree in Jurisprudence (with honours), 2009
- Author of “Liability of a controlling person towards participants of the controlled corporation,” Bulletin of Moscow University, Series 11: Law, No 3, 2020
- Author of “Liability of a controlling person to third parties,” Entrepreneurial Law, No 2, 2020
- Author of “Definition of corporate control and grounds when it arises,” Business and Law, No 5, 2020
- Co-author of “Corporate Law: Topical Problems,” monograph edited by Dmitry Lomakin, 2015
- Author of “Abuse of law by a controlling entity,” Business and Law, No 7, 2015
- Author of “Concept, grounds and legal consequences of the establishment of corporate control,” Law Magazine, No 11, 2014
- Author of “Restriction on the risk of corporation participants: benefits, disadvantages and possible remedies,” Law Magazine, No 5, 2014
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Russian SaaS platform Taxiaggregator on its sale to Qiwi
14 January 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Breffi on RUB750m investment from Elbrus Capital
13 January 2022 .2 minute read