Stacy Shelhorse focuses her practice in the area of technology, data privacy, and security.
Stacy represents clients in cybersecurity incident response, including crisis management, regulator/individual notification, and post-incident liability.
She also counsels clients on compliance issues related to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and state security and data breach laws.
She advises clients on the implementation of privacy policies and internal privacy and security-related procedures and negotiating privacy and security terms in agreements.
She has experience counselling clients in the technology, communications, media, advertising, health services and financial industries.
- J.D., Seattle University Law School 2013
- B.A., University of Washington 2010
- Stacy has helped clients seeking assistance with COVID-related matters and loan assistance.
- Stacy has helped clients seeking review of sponsorship agreements and media use consent agreements.
- Stacy represented a pro bono client in court for a family law case.
- Before joining DLA Piper, Stacy worked for the Amazon Web Services Security team negotiating privacy and security terms with public sector and healthcare customers.
- Prior to joining Amazon Web Services, Stacy worked for Amazon's corporate tax department reviewing and negotiating contracts for various contractual issues.
- After graduating law school, Stacy worked in house for a major accounting firm analyzing various tax-related issues.
- During law school, Stacy worked for the Internal Revenue Service as a legal intern and assisted in the representation of the Internal Revenue Service in litigation against taxpayers.
Memberships And Affiliations
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)