Henk Arnold SijnjaHe/himPartner
Henk Arnold Sijnja is a seasoned corporate lawyer, with over twenty-five years experience in advising corporations, businesses and institutions on domestic and cross border transactional matters. He has a particular focus on (cross-border) public and private M&A, equity capital markets transactions and securities law.
His experience includes public takeovers, private M&A, equity offerings, IPOs, corporate restructurings and reorganisations. In addition, he advises major (multinational) corporations on broader corporate strategy, including corporate governance and financial reporting.
Henk Arnold has particular experience and focus on the financial and life sciences sectors, having advised financial institutions and life sciences companies on a wide range of transactional and advisory matters.
Henk Arnold’s experience includes advising:
- Hunter Douglas N.V., a Dutch listed industrials company, in relation to its delisting by means of the acquisition of Hunter Douglas by 3G Capital.
- Belgian based R&D company Octinion on its joint venture with Priva, a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and services in the field of climate control, energy saving and optimal reuse of water.
- Fondo Italiano per l’Efficienza Energetica (FIEE) on its funding of Corre Energy B.V., a Dutch based leading long duration energy storage (hydrogen) company.
- Lion Tree LLC, financial adviser to Altice Europe N.V., in relation to Mr. Drahi's public offer for the outstanding shares of Altice Europe N.V..
- Tioga Capital Partners on its investment in Dutch fintech company D2X Meltwater B.V., a leading global provider of media intelligence and social analytics Software as a Service solutions, on its IPO at Euronext Growth Oslo (EUR328m).
- Elliott Advisors on the acquisition of a majority interest in Dutch car lease company Hiltermann.
- Qargo Packers B.V. on the merger with Snoeck Services B.V., UniLash B.V. and H. van Veelen B.V., forming one of the largest industrial packaging companies in the Rotterdam port area.
- TAE Life Sciences US LLC on cooperation and licensing transactions.
Erasmus University Rotterdam, LLM, 1993
Awards and Recognitions
- A client appreciates the “excellent support” provided by Henk Arnold Sijnja. Chambers Europe and Chambers Global
- "He is valued for his ‘‘client service and practical guidance’’. Another interviewee highlights his ‘‘very good know-how, negotiation skills, availability, promptness and focus on the goal’’. Chambers Global
- Ranked by Chambers Europe and Global and Legal 500
Giving a briefing through a webinar organised by the PLI Practising Law Institute on the attractiveness of Dutch entities as listed parent company of international groups, including a discussion of case studies on hostile takeovers and shareholders' activism
- Lecturer on directors' liability at the governance institute of the renowned Erasmus School of Accounting and Assurance
- Non-executive board member of the supervisory board of Royal Smit Transformers B.V., a global leader in the manufacturing and sale of large power transformers, based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Memberships And Affiliations
Member of the Board of Directors of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund in the Netherlands
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises The Kingfish Company on its successful unsecured convertible loan raise
6 July 2023 .1 minute read