Pranay SofetSenior Tax Advisor
Pranay is a qualified Chartered Accountant, holds a degree in Commerce and is working with DLA Piper UK LLP international solicitors in London. He has worked in the UK, Middle East and India and has accumulated over 10 years of experience advising clients on VAT, GST, plastic packaging tax and customs related matters while working in Big4 accounting firm, law firm and also in an in-house tax team.
He is experienced in tax advisory, tax compliance, litigation, tax investigations, contract drafting across sectors and regularly advises multinational clients on VAT, customs and global trade issues in cross border supply of goods and services.
- Advising pharmaceutical group in strategizing and implementing tax efficient supply chain.
- Advising clients in retail and e-commerce sector with VAT and customs issues.
- Assisted e-payment services solution provider with supply chain restructuring and cross border VAT effective operating model.
- Assisting number of clients with Brexit related indirect tax and customs issues.
- Advising clients in logistics sector with indirect tax and customs matters.
- Assisted US based technology company in implemented outsourced function of customs and trade.
- Advising clients engaged in online sports streaming on VAT matters.
- Advising on structuring groups with VAT efficiency in mind, including VAT grouping.
- Advising on complex VAT recovery and VAT efficiency strategies for clients in real estate, charity sector and in the case of mergers and acquisitions.
- University of Delhi, Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)