For over a decade, Julián Solorza has advised local and international companies in all aspects of dispute resolution, with a focus on domestic arbitration.
He is experienced in representing companies across sectors in commercial litigation, disputes arising from state contracts, judicial proceedings, constitutional actions and administrative sanctioning proceedings.
Julián has additional experience in competition and consumer protection matters.
- Represented Ingenio del Cauca S.A., Ingenio Providencia S.A., Ingenio Pichichí S.A., Ingenio María Luisa S.A. the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce in an administrative investigation by antitrust authorities
- Counsel for Fiduciaria Popular in the INTERBOLSA bankruptcy proceeding
- Represented Caracol and RCN in a lawsuit filed by CNTV in a Colombian arbitration court for amounts owed by the non-entry into operation of a third television channel
Commercial Law Postgraduate Program, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Law Degree, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Chambers Global
2018-21 - Associate to Watch, Colombia Dispute Resolution
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Rising Star, Colombia Dispute Resolution: Litigation
2022 - Recommended, Colombia Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
2022 - Recommended, Colombia Competition and Antitrust
2018-21 - Recommended, Colombia Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
2021 - Next Generation Partner, Colombia Dispute Resolution: Litigation
2021 - Recommended, Colombia Competition and Antitrust
2017-19 - Recommended, Colombia Dispute Resolution: Litigation
2017-18 - Recommended, Colombia TMT
Memberships And Affiliations
- International Bar Association