Michaela Stessl has over 20 years' experience of helping Slovak and international clients of all commercial backgrounds with transactions and legal issues in Slovakia. She has an outstanding reputation in corporate and cross-border M&A and in-depth experience in finance, banking and real estate.
In recent years, Michaela has taken on a more global strategic advisory role, due to her broad knowledge of the particularities of the CEE region. She has increasingly been involved as Project Lead Partner in noteworthy cross-border projects in the region.
Michaela has handled a large number of high profile transactions in Slovakia. She supports clients in significant cross-border M&A transactions and other commercial local and international investments.
She has acted in the past as an arbitrator at the ICC Court of Arbitration in Paris and at VIAC in Vienna.
With her strong presence in the local market, Michaela plays a pivotal role in CEE cross-border matters.
- Advising Wipro, a leading, India-based global IT, consulting, and business process services company on its acquisition of Capco, a global management and technology consultancy, including post-completion actions implemented in Slovakia
- Advising Berry Global on the sale of Promens Zlín to leading CEE private equity fund ARX and the Promens Zlín management
- Representing United States Steel Corporation, the largest integrated steel producer in Central Europe, in several very complex commercial law disputes
- Advising Michelin Polska Sp. Z O.O. on the acquisition of a 100% share in the Slovak company ČEMAT, s.r.o., a sales-focused company that provides accessories for handling equipment and construction machinery on the Czech and Slovak markets
- Advising Gebauer & Griller on the spin-off of its elevator division as part of the strategic consolidation of GG Group
- Advising a leading innovator of precision radiation therapy solutions on the complete reorganization of its business structure in the Slovak Republic
- Acting as a long term Slovakian legal opinion counsel for ICMA/ISLA on certain aspects of the derivative agreements concluded with its counterparties
- Advising a global technology leader in sorting solutions on all ongoing matters, as well as on an internal corporate reorganization including the split and transfer of shares
- Advising an American chemical group on various corporate issues, including a change of management and the approval of annual reporting
- University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, Masters of Law, 1994
- University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, Doctor iuris, 1999
- Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic, Master of Laws (2000)
- Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic, Doctor juris (2002)
Awards and Recognitions
- Leading individual, Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Slovakia, The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Next Generation Partner, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Slovakia, The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Ranked lawyer, Corporate/M&A, Slovakia, Chambers Europe 2022
Memberships And Affiliations