Matthias StinissenSenior Lead Lawyer
Matthias Stinissen is a lawyer in the Litigation & Regulatory department of DLA Piper UK LLP.
As junior associate Matthias is involved in several cases in the broad area of administrative law. In this context he provides legal advice with regard to all aspects of public procurement law for different projects.
Furthermore Matthias has great interest in the field of planning, environmental and energy law. He assists clients amongst others with regard to the realization and exploitation of wind farms, whereby he is often involved in drafting complex agreements. Besides that Matthias was involved in the realization of the District Heating Network in Antwerp. Together with Annelies Verlinden and Alec Van Vaerenbergh he was responsible for drafting the tender documents and drafting the cooperation agreement.
Matthias is also involved in several judicial proceedings before the Council of State as well as before the Civil Courts, especially with regard to public procurement law and the realization of wind farms.
- Advising the City of Antwerp on the selection of a private partner and the drawing up of the contractual structure (Design, Build, Finance, Maintain, Operate) for an innovative greenfield district heating system in a major new urbanisation project in Antwerp;
- Advising a Belgian company, with activities in the wind industry, regarding the realisation of several on-shore wind farms;
- Advising the City of Antwerp on the contractual structure and the feasibility for project regarding energy recovery from sewers;
- Assisting the City of Antwerp with the implementation of a Low Emission Zone in the city of Antwerp;
- Representing a company before the Council of State with respect of the annulment of a decision of the government refusing an environmental permit for the exploitation of an on-shore wind farm;
- Advising Digipolis Ghent with the realisation of a Fiber-to-the-home and Fiber-to-the-building network (FTTH/FTTB-network) in the city of Ghent on all legal aspects related to the realisation of such innovative FTTH/FTTB-network, such as state aid, public procurement law, public-private partnerships;
- Assisting SLIM Turnhout with the drawing up of the contractual structure for the realisation of a greenfield district heating system in the city of Turnhout;
- Assisting two PCSW's with the development of healthcare infrastructure: drawing up of selection guidelines, tender specifications, contractual documents, review of submitted tenders;
- Advising and assisting a Belgian company with a tender procedure for the realisation of the Oosterweel Link in Antwerp;
- Assisting the City of Antwerp on the extension of a public bike system, on the basis of a public service concession.
- University of Antwerp, Master in Law, 2007-2012
- Public Law Review 2022, 28 December 2022
- Jaaroverzicht publiek recht 2020, 7 January 2021
- Aperçu annuel de droit public 2020, 7 January 2021
- S. Van Garsse (ed.), B. Heuninckx, M. De Groot en M. Stinissen, Artikelsgewijze commentaar wetgeving overheidsopdrachten. Defensie en veiligheid, Brussel, Politea, 2012
- 2012 - to date: Lawyer at DLA Piper
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Brussels Bar