Andrei Stoica LLBSenior Associate
Andrei Stoica is skilled in providing legal advice and support on personal data protection, copyright and trademark related matters, particularly for clients in the software development and fintech sectors. His focus is on personal data protection aspects faced by companies active in the IT/Internet, pharma and finance industries, in the context of complex software licensing arrangements, technology-related transactions, as well as data protection compliance assessments.
Andrei has been advising in various tech projects related to digital elevation model data, securing IP rights of software products, copyright ownership over the software platform, export controls of software and permits/licenses applicable to the provision of IT related services, as well as software licensing matrix and commercial software agreements and trades.
His client portfolio includes companies which are well known and leading players in their field, such as NTT Data, Moneygram and Dentsu Aegis.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, he was involved in drafting the rules and regulations governing an alternative trading system.
- Assisting a company developing robotic process automation and application integration software in connection with all Intellectual Property aspects of a USD30 million Series A financing lead by a VC fund, the largest venture capital transaction to date in the Romanian tech sector.
- Assisting one of the largest providers of communications services for embedding into its organization the new data privacy rules brought by the GDPR.
- Assisting an international bank in connection to compliance aspects related to personal data protection legislation, including data anonymization, international transfers of personal data and communication with the Data Protection Authority.
- Assisting a transnational consumer goods company in connection to the evaluation of applicable rights related to the organization and participation of the client's employees to tenders organized by the client.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in connection to an assignment of intellectual property rights, as well as with the registration of an industrial design with the Romanian Office for Patents and Trademarks .
- Advising a global payments technology company on compliance with personal data protection regulations in connection with the payment processing infrastructure. Also advised the client in the context of a US-EU intra-group transaction with regard to all compliance aspects related to personal data protection legislation, including assessment of international transfers of personal data and filings with the Romanian Data Protection Authority.
- Assisting a large CEE airline company with regard to specific personal data protection requirements in connection with the operation of their online booking system.
- Assisting a global leading IT monitoring and management tools provider in connection to various aspects of securing intellectual property rights of various employees, including via their employment agreement, as well in connection to the evaluation of the trade secret doctrine applicable under Romanian law.
- Assisting a leading IT company on various aspects pertaining to personal data protection requirements under Romanian law, in order to ensure compliance with the European personal data protection legislation.
- Assisting a large exporter of seafood in connection to a review of their international trademark license agreement in view of its enforceability and compliance with Romanian law requirements.
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, LLB in Law, 2013
- Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Dofin Doctoral School, Master Degree in Finance and Banking, 2006
- Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance Insurance Banking and Stock, Bachelor in Finance and Banking, 2005
Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Faculty of Economic Studies in Foreign Languages, Bachelor in Business Administration, 2004
- May 2019 – to date: DLA Piper Romania, Managing Associate
- May 2017 – April 2019: DLA Piper Romania, Associate
- October 2014 – April 2017: DLA Piper Romania, Junior Associate
- 2009 - 2014: local law office, Paralegal
- 2004 - to date: S.C. FINSESCO S.R.L., Member
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar and the National Union of Romanian Bars
- Member of the ICT Committee and of the Data Privacy Task Force of Amcham