Jaqueline SuryanZhah-ke-LEE-nih SOO-ri-anShe/HerPartner
Jaqueline Suryan advises on complex transactions in the areas of insurance, reinsurance, private pensions, capitalization and health matters.
She authored the book Healthcare Plans Under Constitutional Perspective as well as numerous articles related to her practice. She has additionally spoken at a variety of seminars and events.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Law Degree
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Master’s Degree in State Law
- Fundação Instituto de Administração, M.B.A. in Insurance and Private Pensions Business Management
- Master’s degree in State Law, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo
- M.B.A. in Insurance and Private Pensions Business Management, Fundação Instituto de Administração
- The Legal 500, Next Generation Partner in Insurance Practice in Brazil, 2017-2019
- Analise Advocacia, Insurance, Civil, and Financial Operations, 2021-2022
- Analise Advocacia Mulher, Most Admired Female Lawyer, 2020
- Leaders League Brazil, Insurance and Reinsurance, 2022
- The Legal 500 Latin America. Insurance Practice, 2021-2022
Advised a major reinsurance company on claims in Brazil related to the COVID-19 pandemic
Advising an insurance company the reinstatement of its license as occasional reinsurer in Brazil
Advised a reinsurance company in the review and evaluation of internal controls proceedings regarding anti-money laundering and prevention of terrorism
Assisted a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services in the review and evaluation of internal controls proceedings regarding anti-money laundering and the prevention of terrorism
Advised a Brazilian soda company on insurance-related matters in preparation for its IPO on the Brazilian stock exchange
Advising one of the world’s largest insurance companies on the outstanding premium payments of a Brazilian mining company
Assisted one of the world’s largest insurance companies on issuing local insurance policies with retroactive coverages in global insurance programs
Memberships And Affiliations
• Brazilian Constitutional Law Institute (IBDC)
• Brazilian Institute of Private Pensions and Supplementary Healthcare (IPCOM).
• Legal Officer and LGBTI+ Team Leader, Institute for Diversity and Inclusion in the Insurance Sector (IDIS)