Paulo advises Brazilian based companies, as well as foreign companies investing or having business in Brazil, regarding direct, indirect and payroll taxes. He has supported clients to better understand the potential tax impacts and tax benefits, according to the specific investments and structures intended.
Paulo also has experience in supporting tax litigation jobs, working with the tax litigation team.
- Importation of equipment: assisting a foreign technology company to install their equipment in Brazil, analyzing the most tax efficient model that suits the company’s needs.
- Plant retrofit: analysis of potential tax benefit for a pharmaceutical company that intends to retrofit part of their manufacturing company in Brazil.
- Reusable packages: analysis of tax procedures and impacts for a pharmaceutical company that intends to adopt reusable packages in their sales to wholesalers.
- IPI (excise tax) rates changes: analysis of potential impacts and measures for a consumer goods company, in view of changes in the IPI rate, and an injunction before the Supreme Court that decided that such rates were not applicable to any goods that are also manufactured in the Manaus Free Trade zone with a minimum manufacture process approved by tax authorities.
- ICMS (State VAT) in importation transactions: analysis of a specific tax benefit for an agricultural supplier in the State of São Paulo.
- Changing the commercial structure in Brazil: analysis of the potential tax impacts, including benefits, of a consumers goods company that intends to change its commercial structure in Brazil, including analysis of tax benefits in the State of Espírito Santo.
- Collection of funds in Brazil: analysis of the tax aspects of a structure of collection of funds in Brazil by a Brazilian technology company hired by foreign and local companies.
- Sales to public agencies: analysis of the tax benefits in sales of consumer goods to public agencies.
- Debit note: analysis of the tax aspects of charging expenses using debit notes, instead of including it in the price for consumer goods companies.
- NCM classification and rates: analysis of the Mercosur harmonized system classification (in Brazil, NCM), and the applicable rates for consumer goods items.
- Universidade de São Paulo, bachelor's degree in Law, 2003
- COGEAE-PUC/SP, specialization in tax law, 2010
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, specialization in business administration – CEAG, 2014
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), São Paulo